Interventional Treatment Cancer Pain

What interventional pain treatment can a pain specialist provide?


The most common treatment anesthesiologists or pain specialists provide in cases of cancer pain is coeliac block.

Coeliac block will be carried out if you are suffering from pain in your upper abdomen and/or back, for example, due to pancreatic or stomach cancer.

Cordotomy is rarely necessary. This procedure will only be performed if you have pain in one of your arms due to cancer in the tip of a lung that has damaged the nerves running to that arm.



Close the survey
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.